Revel in the energy of Rio, wander around colonial Paraty, sip a caipirinha on the beach in southern Brazil, marvel at Iguassu Falls, discover the charm of Uruguay at an estancia, sample the food and wine of Buenos Aires.
Tour description provided by G Adventures
Dance your way through the best of South America‘s colourful cities. Kick off your adventure in Rio where you’re free to explore the carnival atmosphere or soak up rays. You’ll enjoy time outdoors and on the beach at Ilha Grande and connect with the land at an estancia stay in Uruguay. Best of all, we’ll fly over to Iguassu Falls for more time to explore the immense cascades. With accommodation and transport arranged by a CEO, this trip offers great value and is the perfect way to discover South America‘s unique vibe.
- Day 1 Rio de Janeiro
- Enjoy your free time by taking an optional city tour or exploring the wonders that this city has to offer from the centrally located hostel in Copacabana. Included Activities: Arrival Day and Welcome Meeting
- Day 2 Rio de Janeiro/Ilha Grande (1B)
- Head south along the Atlantic coast to the port of Angra dos Reis, and onward by ferry to Ilha Grande, with 100 beaches for you to choose from! Known for its beauty, the island offers other activities for visitors: surfing, hikes, diving, biking and snorkeling. Transport: Local bus (2.50-3.50 hours, 151km) Ferry (1.50 hour(s))
- Days 3-4 Ilha Grande
- Free time to hike and explore the island’s beaches or take an optional boat tour.
- Day 5 Ilha Grande/Paraty
- Explore colonial Paraty, and opt to chill on the beach or visit a cachaça distillery. Transport: Ferry (1.50 hour(s)) Local bus (1.50-2.00 hours)
- Day 6 Paraty (1B)
- Free day in Paraty to explore, chill on the beach or take an optional boat tour to nearby islands.
- Day 7 Paraty/Foz do Iguaçu
- Skip the 19-hour journey by land and fly to Foz do Iguacu. Transport: Private Vehicle (5.00-6.00 hours, 314km) Plane (1.50 hour(s), 1000km)
- Day 8 Foz do Iguaçu
- Visit the Brazilian side of the Iguassu Falls. Included Activities: Iguassu Falls Guided Tour
- Day 9 Foz do Iguaçu/Gualeguaychú
- Visit the Argentine side of the falls, and opt to take a boat tour to see the cascading falls from below. Hop on an overnight bus to Uruguay. Additional Notes: If you have booked the Iguassu Falls Boat Ride Theme Pack, today’s the day! Your CEO will give you the details about timing and what to bring. Included Activities: Border Crossing (Brazil – Argentina) Iguassu Falls Visit Transport: Overnight bus (15.00 hour(s), 1100km)
- Day 10 Gualeguaychú/Mercedes (1L, 1D)
- We cross into Uruguay for our first stop – a local ranch, known in the region as an estancia. We spend a day at the estancia getting into rural life. Learn about the historical roots of the region, participate in some of the farming activities, go for a walk, or sit back and sip on the wines of the region as you take in the local Uruguayan life. Included Activities: Border Crossing (Uruguay – Argentina) Estancia Stay Transport: Private Vehicle (4.00 hour(s), 250km)
- Day 11 Mercedes (1B, 1L, 1D)
- Free time to explore the area or help out on the estancia. Included Activities: Estancia Stay
- Day 12 Mercedes/Montevideo (1B)
- Explore Uruguay’s capital, Montevideo—the country’s largest city. Transport: Local bus (4.00 hour(s), 250km)
- Day 13 Montevideo (1B)
- Free day in Montevideo, opt to explore the city, hop on a bike to explore the coast, or take a day-trip to glamorous Punta del Este.
- Day 14 Montevideo/Colonia del Sacramento (1B)
- Travel to the charming colonial city of Colonia Del Sacramento. Experience the relaxed, pleasant Uruguayan culture and stroll down its cobble-stoned streets on an orientation walk. Additional Notes: Accommodation in Colonia may be multi-share during high season. Included Activities: Orientation Walk Transport: Local bus (2.50-3.00 hours, 177km)
- Day 15 Colonia del Sacramento/Buenos Aires
- Cross the Rio de la Plata by ferry to reach Buenos Aires. There is much to do in this vibrant metropolis, with plenty of museums, theatres, and historical areas. Buenos Aires is full of life. Be sure to check out the districts of La Boca, Recoleta and San Telmo—or catch a tango show at one of the many famous tanguerías or tango houses. Wander the pedestrian walkways and see some dancing in the streets. When you are done exploring, settle your weary feet and enjoy a drink in one of the many sidewalk cafés and restaurants. Buenos Aires is also your chance to try the succulent bifé and parrilladas, so dig in and enjoy! Included Activities: Border Crossing (Uruguay – Argentina) Transport: Ferry (1.00 hour(s))
- Day 16 Buenos Aires
- Get out and explore. Consider visiting the districts of La Boca, Recoleta, and San Telmo or catch a tango show at one of the many famous tanguerías. Wander the pedestrian walkways and see some dancing in the streets.
- Day 17 Buenos Aires
- Depart at any time. Included Activities: Departure Day